There are a few things you can do if you’re looking for exercise in Krabi.
- Ngorn Nak Mountain Trail (Dragon’s Crest) – located in Tub Kaak, out past Ao Nang going north near the Amari Vogue on Tub Kaak Beach. A challenging climb to 500 meter peak! Bring water!
- Khao Phanom Bencha Mountain Hike – 1,397 meter-high mountain peak that requires an overnight stay near the top. Not available during rainy season due to landslide risk.
- Thara Park in Krabi – this is the best place for exercise in town if you want to run at the park or the reservoirs, walk, jog, play soccer (football), play tennis, play basketball, use the exercise machines (many!).
- Highly recommended is the Wat Tum Sua stair climb just on the outside of Krabi Town. This is 1,256 steps up the side of a limestone mountain.
- Sra Morakot (Crystal Pool) – freshwater pool – an 800 meter walk through the forest on a dirt road, or choose the longer path over the forest on a walkway.
- 4 Swimming Pools in Krabi Town – four swimming pools at housing complexes and resorts in Krabi where you can swim laps or just relax. Kids pools at all of them.
- Golf Driving Range – though I wouldn’t necessarily call it exercise, there is no other place to put this! OK, sorry, this one has closed for now.
- Mountain Biking – we partnered with a group that gives great mountain bike tours around Krabi.