Walking around at night to find insects and Krabi wildlife is probably something you’ve never done!
Find out all about our WILDLIFE FIELD TRIPS in and around Krabi, Trang, Phuket >
Fill out this short form to find out more about our KRABI WILDLIFE TREKS (Details below form)
Krabi Wildlife Tour in the Rainforest
ANY NIGHT. (Reserve your space soon!)
What Wildlife Can You See On Our Thailand Nature Field Trips?
- FROGS and TOADS! So many species!
- Rare GECKOS (Ptychozoon, Cyrtodactylus genus: pulchella, peguensis, quadrivirgatus)
- Big TOKAY GECKOS!
- Gliding (Draco) and Forest Crested LIZARDS and sometimes big sleeping MONITOR LIZARDS!
- TARANTULAS, large huntsman spiders, a huge variety of spiders
- CENTIPEDES – Scolopendra and long-legged centipedes found
- Beautiful MOTHS, and sometimes butterflies
- CALUGOS – winged mammals that glide between trees.
- SCORPIONS – small brown and big emperor scorpions up to 7 inches long!
- SLOW LORISES!
- BUGS of all kinds: Leaf insects, stick insects like the Jungle Nymph (Heteropteryx dilatata), Wolf and Tarantula spiders, beetles
- SLEEPING BIRDS!
- occasionally OWLS! Last night we saw a lovely Bay Owl (image above)
- long pants, long-sleeved shirt
- closed shoes
- hat if you have one
- raincoat or rain poncho from 7-11 (50 THB)
- something to drink
PROVIDED FOR YOU:
- Expert guidance around wildlife you’ll encounter
If you’re looking for something more serious, there are 1 week, 2 week, 3 week, and even 1-month-long internships (info here) you can register for. You can tailor your adventure to focus on any wildlife you choose – any of the above, and more. This is not just for biology majors, it is for anyone who wants to learn more about indigenous wildlife in Thailand, especially snakes and other reptiles and amphibians.
All Krabi Attactions and Things To Do >